Repairs & new installations, our new flat roofs come in several different types:
- EPDM - This is a rubber based covering
- Liquid rubber flat roofing
- Glass Fibre - Sheeting
- Traditional - Torch on felt
We cover garages, extensions, out buildings, lean to's, sheds, summer houses and more. We can also install a full range of uPVC fascias, soffits and guttering.
Liquid Rubber Flat Roofs
Liquid rubber flat roofing is an excellent solution for waterproofing your property and comes with a 20 year guarantee and a life expectancy of over 50 years.
This roofing solution leaves a seamless finish, known for it's consistency in leaving no gaps or holes. It can also be applied to any surface and once applied and cured it will not debond.
If you would like to find out more about this service don't hesitate to get in touch with us today. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
GRP Flat Roofs
Tough, Long Lasting & Guaranteed
GRP Stands for ‘Glassfibre Reinforced Plastics’, also referred to as ‘Fibreglass’, ‘Composite Plastics’. It is an amazingly versatile material, and one that is little understood in industry, but which has truly immense potential across a wide spectrum of applications.
Its vast range of properties can be confusing to the uninitiated. It is a ‘Plastic’ but it displays few of the disadvantages of conventional ‘thermoplastics’ in everyday use.
For instance, it will not melt, but will burn in a similar way to wood, but can be easily and cheaply made fire retardant. It is very strong -seven times the flexural strength of steel – yet very lightweight with the tremendous energy absorption properties which have made it a common material for racing cars, boats, baths and even aeroplanes.
However, GRP is a moulded product which requires some sort of former or tool from which it is moulded in to or on to. In its simplest and most common form, known as ‘hand-lay’.
A typical roof would be constructed as follows:
- Remove Existing Felt / Chippings & Deck. Expose Existing Roof Joists.
- Ensure Poor Water Drainage is improved usually with timber firings.
- Re deck roof area with 18mm External Grade Ply.
- Specially made pre moulded edging trims, flashing trims, fillets trims are fixed.
- Matting is cut to size and impregnated with special resin on to deck to form a seamless membrane.
- Once curing time has elapsed a pigmented top coat resin is applied to the whole roof.
- Where roof meets wall a lead flashing or grp flashing is installed.
- Where roof meets roof tiles GRP roof will be extended under the tile roof.
- Waste is removed from site, our guarantee is issued.
This system is a new generation of Flat Roofing and the answer to leaking felt roofs. This system is a permanent guaranteed solution to all flat roofing problems. The unique seamless system totally eliminates all the problems and short life span of traditional felt & bitumen materials.
This system is Long Lasting, Attractive, Cost Effective, Maintenance Free & Durable and can be Cold Applied (hence no blow torches or live flames).This roof is a specially developed resin system that accommodates everyday structural expansion and contraction. This system offers long term peace of mind and real value for money.